The Envisioning Champagne Bottle

/
0 Comments
    I was once told me to always have a really nice bottle of champagne in the fridge. The idea: always be ready to celebrate something.
    I love this mentality. All too often, we prepare ourselves for the worst of situations. Who says we can't anticipate the best? What if you lived your life everyday anticipating that something great is about to happen. The demeanor of your entire day would change drastically. Everything from your thoughts, to your mood, to your interactions, would be altered in the most positive direction. You know that feeling you have just after booking a vacation? Let that champagne in the fridge make you feel that way everytime you see it.
    Perhaps you might be thinking if you always anticipate something great happening, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment when things don't go right. I used to fall into this category. I felt like it was easier to assume the worst of situations because then, no matter what happens, it will never be as bad as I thought. If the worst did come, I would be "prepared" for it. Anyone who has existed in this phenomenon called "life," can agree that we can never be truly prepared for some of what life has to offer. What we can control is how much we want these things to alter our life.
    Dr. Wayne Dyer said "Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change." So simple, so profound, so liberating. My fear of uncertainty developed into excitement of the unknown. I stopped seeing negativity in my immediate surroundings and began finding myself surrounded by beauty. In those uncomfortable situations that I once feared the most, I found myself dealing with the best because my mind was clear and looking to get back on the track of optimism.
    Resiliency can happen instantaneously with practice. I found that if you condition yourself until it becomes a habit, then you don't have to try as hard. It becomes your default state. Within this state exists more opportunities to celebrate. So find the courage to let go, maintain the strength to live freely. You just might find yourself popping a bottle of Dom Perginon more often than you think.


You may also like

No comments:

Popular Posts