An Introduction

/
1 Comments
 
evolve   verb \i-ˈvälv, -ˈvȯlv, ē- also -ˈväv or -ˈvȯv\
: to change or develop slowly often into a better, more complex, or more advanced state : to develop by a process of evolution

war • rior  noun\ˈwȯr-yər, ˈwȯr-ē-ər, ˈwär-ē- also ˈwär-yər\
: a person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

    We are all warriors. We have all fought our own battles in whatever form life presented to us. Our capabilities to move forward as stronger, wiser, and more courageous than before is our evolution. 

     My 27th year of life began yesterday. I can confidently say that I am the happiest I have ever been. This is a bit ironic because no part of my life has gone according to "The Plan" that we all gave ourselves as kids and teenagers. I'm not married, I don't have kids, I'm not in an established career. On my 25th birthday, I essentially dedicated that year of my life to saying "fuck you" to "The Plan." That year, I promised myself I would live life for me. Meaning, I was going to do whatever I wanted to do that I knew felt right. Six months later, I gave my furniture away, packed a few boxes, and bought a one way flight to New York City.
     That was the beginning of how I took full and complete control of my life, my intentions, my dreams. Everyday I make a conscious attempt to positively influence the lives of those around me. My goal is to turn this into a career, specifically through my passion of writing. I figured (with a healthy dose of encouragement from a handful of friends), why not start with a blog? 

Here's the start.




You may also like

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful approach to life. Reminds me of a Yogananda quote:

    “Be as simple as you can be; you will be astonished to see how uncomplicated and happy your life can become.”
    ― Paramahansa Yogananda

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts